1. Duomo, this building took nearly 600 years to complete and even today it's a little bit under construction. It is building with the most statues in the world right now! Once inside, make sure you walk around the Duomo and enjoy the stained glass depicting Biblical scenes. Fun to see and hard to miss is the incredibly huge harmonica and the huge replica of the golden statue called “Madonnia”, that sits on top of the Duomo.
On your list should also be there the most famous statue in the Cathedral, the one of St. Bartholomew holding his skin on his shoulders like a stole. Once you are on top of the Duomo, you get to enjoy the skyline of this incredible city and also you get to peek at the little people walking in front of it just to give you a sense of the scale of the thing.
2. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is literally the first shopping mall in the world. Today it houses all the luxury brands! Prada, Versace, etc all of them are here, making it one of the most expensive pieces of real estate in the world. To be in the Galleria, the brands need to follow strict rules. For ex: their logos need to be gold on black so they don't ruin the aesthetics of the place, that combine with the marble floors and the attention to detail makes this one of the most important pieces of architecture in the world. The Galleria is the central meeting point! So don't panic when you see it filled with tourists. Unlike the Duomo, it only took 12 years to complete, and the result is to die for!
3. On the marble floor, right by each exit, you will find 4 mosaics depicting the main cities of Italy! The wolf is Rome, the lily is Florence, the bull symbolizes Turin and the red flag with a white cross is the representation of Milan! Speaking of the bull, they say if you walk up to it, place your heel on its testis, and rotate 3 times, you get a year filled with good luck! So, you might want to give that a shot!
4. A trip to Milan is never complete without visiting one of the most famous Opera houses in the world, La Scala. The acoustics of this place is incredible and it definitely deserves a visit.
5. You can't leave Milan without enjoying a gourmet Italian dish. Savini, in the Galleria, is the best of the best. The prices are astronomically high, but the location is worth it and believe it or not the food tastes amazing! When in Italy you got to try the pasta! And when in Milan, you got to try the Milanese Risotto!